The sum of Stock, Trade Debtors, Cash and other assets due within one year of the accounts date. They include all assets belonging to a company that can be converted easily into cash and are expected to be used (sold or consumed) within a year. The current asset position of a company is important, both for assessing its financial strength and for gauging its operational efficiency.
Articles in this section
- What is a LEI number?
- On a balance sheet: what is Cash?
- What is stock (Capital or Equity)?
- What are Other Short Term Finances?
- What is overdraft in a balance sheet?
- What are Trade Debtors?
- What are Current Assets?
- What are Fixed Assets?
- What are Intangible Assets?
- What are Tangible Assets?