Cost of sales (or cost of goods sold - COGS) includes the cost of raw materials and the wages paid to convert these raw materials into goods that are actually sold. COGS does not include administrative costs, or material and labour inputs that contribute towards goods that are not sold in the accounting period.
Articles in this section
- What is a LEI number?
- On a balance sheet: what is Cash?
- What is stock (Capital or Equity)?
- What are Other Short Term Finances?
- What is overdraft in a balance sheet?
- What are Trade Debtors?
- What are Current Assets?
- What are Fixed Assets?
- What are Intangible Assets?
- What are Tangible Assets?