Why sign up?
Twitter is a micro-blogging tool that enables you to share your thoughts, in 160 characters, about anything at all. It enables you to connect with people on an entire range of subjects. This includes your customers, prospects, their customers – enabling you to see what they’re saying, what they’re interested in and build your relationship.
In Artesian you can use twitter in two ways. If you connect your Twitter account you will be able to see all the Tweets involving the companies you’re following. You can do this without ever tweeting for yourself at all.
If your company’s social media policy allows it, you will also be able to share links to the articles you find on Artesian, directly on Twitter – helping to build your reputation as an expert in your area.
How do I sign up?
It is quick and free to sign up to Twitter and you only have to sign in the first time you connect it to Artesian, in order to see the Tweets in the ‘Social Media’ tab.
Signing up to Twitter:
1. Visit www.twitter.com
2. Click on the ‘Sign up’ box
3. Register your name, phone number or email address (only required for password verification) and password
4. Click ‘Sign up for Twitter’
5. You will then get an SMS text or email with an authorisation code to enter into the box
6. After clicking ‘Sign up for Twitter’ you then select a username, which will have to be unique to Twitter but won’t be shown on Artesian
7. Check your details are correct, click ‘Create my account’ and fill in the Captcha box to show you’re human
8. The final step is to connect your Twitter account within Artesian